I HAVEN’T BEEN TRAINING MUCH / JUST COMING BACK FROM INJURY. HOW SHOULD I START?
In a word, conservatively.
Here are some general guidelines for starting the GHP program:
1. Take AT LEAST 4 weeks to ease into the full program.
2. Do 50% of the Aerobic Efficiency interval work AND/OR rest 2x longer.
3. Start with 60-80% intensity on the Aerobic Efficiency and S+C and increase as your skill and fitness allows. Use your breath as a guide. If you feel you can’t control your breathing, ease back or stop and rest until you can.
4. Be conservative with weight selections and scale the difficulty of the Strength + Conditioning movements down to where you can perform complete repetitions
5. In 4-6 weeks reassess your scaling options and progress your volume, weight and/or skill difficulty.
This progression process can take months and is something we will always be working on. Progress at your own pace as your skill and recovery allows.